SmartVault versus QuickBooks
The SmartVault & QuickBooks Comparison
With the release of QuickBooks™ 2010 and the new feature of being able to attach documents directly to QuickBooks transactions, SmartVault™ and other advanced toolbar systems are becoming increasingly popular. So what’s the difference between the two services? Both are a Document Management System (DMS) that allows users to attach documents directly to QuickBooks transactions.
How DMS works in SmartVault
The patent-pending SmartVault Toolbar always appears in the same place inside the QuickBooks window, allowing you to attach documents and notes to the current entry in QuickBooks. Documents are stored in the cloud in SmartVault’s SAS 70 Type II compliant data center and can be accessed from within QuickBooks or using a Web browser.
How DMS works in QuickBooks 2010
Intuit is investing in a new cloud computing platform and Software-as-a-Service subscription model to deliver document management functionality to its customers of QuickBooks 2010.
QuickBooks 2010 has out-of-the-box support for attaching documents to entries in QuickBooks via a Paperclip button. Documents are stored in the cloud in Intuit’s data center and can be accessed from within QuickBooks or using a Web browser.
What’s the same?
• Attach documents directly to entries in QuickBooks for instant organization
• Store documents in the cloud so they can be accessed anytime, anywhere
• Collaborate using an electronic Inbox to store documents for processing
• Have a Paperclip button you can click to attach a document
• Have a scanning wizard that supports TWAIN scanners for digitizing documents
• Allow uploading files from your local computer
• Allow you to invite users to share documents via an e-mail invitation system
• QuickBooks versions supported
• Scanners supported
• Inbox access
• Accountant and bookkeeper support
• Quality of the user experience
• Key features
• SmartVault bills per document (the SmartVault available to RTB clients is billed per file)
• QuickBooks 2010 DMS bills by storage space used
The SmartVault Advantage
The key advantages of the SmartVault system to the QB 2010 DMS are:
• Support for more versions of QuickBooks (2006-2010)
• User experience and functionality
• Great for accountants managing multiple clients
• Works well in a hosted environment
• Broader Scanning capabilities
• Order an archive of all your documents at any time
• Attach sticky notes to entries in QuickBooks, including the ability to flag a note as urgent
• Attach documents to the Home, Report Center, and Company Snapshot windows
• Drag-and-drop documents, e-mails, and attachments
• View documents from an iPhone and other smart phones, on-the-go
Find out more today!