Setting Up Web Feed
How to set up your web feed & install the desktop icons for accessing your files & applications in the Cloud. These instructions are for Pro Plus / Premier / Enterprise users (Pro users do not have web feed).
Follow the steps below to set up web feed on a Windows computer:
- Open the Control Panel.
- If not already, select View by Large Icons or Small Icons.
Click RemoteApp and Desktop Connections.
- Click either:
Enter the URL address provided (or refer to the example below, replacing "vm-xxx" with your server number) and click Next.
Click Next in the Ready window.
Enter your Cloudnine login credentials.
Note: Remember to include "Cloud9\" before your username.
Click Finish once the connection has been established.
Click the View resources link.
- Select the three (3) folders:
- Cloud Files
- My Documents
Right-click and select Send To > Desktop.
The shortcuts are now on your desktop. Double-click on any shortcut to open and connect to your Cloud.
Follow the steps below to set up web feed on a Mac:
Open the Microsoft Remote Desktop application.
Click Remote Resources.
- Complete the fields in the Remote Resources window:
- URL: Enter "https://vm-xxx.cloud9realtime.com.rdweb/feed/webfeed.aspx", replacing "xxx" with your server number (note that some names can be formatted as c9-xxxxx instead of vm-xxx)
- User Name: Type "Cloud9\" followed by your user name
- Password: Type your Cloudnine password
Close the Remote Resources window. You should now have access to Remote Resources.