Setting Up E-mail in QuickBooks
- Log into your company file.
- Select Edit > Preferences.
- Select Send Forms in the left pane of the Preferences window.
- Select the Web Mail radio button (under "Send e-mail using:").
- Click Add.
- Complete the following fields in the Add E-mail Info window:
- E-mail ID: Enter your e-mail user name (usually your e-mail address unless otherwise noted by your provider)
- E-mail Provider: Select the relevant e-mail provider (either Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail/Live, or Others)
- Server Name: If you selected Others as your e-mail provider, enter the SMTP address (your e-mail provider should have given this to you)
- Port: If you selected Others as your e-mail provider, enter the port number (for most providers, the port is 25)
- Mark the SSL checkbox if your provider uses this service (most providers do not use SSL by default).
- Click OK.
- Click OK to close the Preferences window.
- Open a document and attempt to send it. If everything is set up correctly, you will receive a message saying that the e-mail was sent successfully. If not, you will be prompted to enter your e-mail login information again.
You can also reference Intuit's article on setting up your e-mail service.