Error Message When Opening or Previewing Outlook Attachments
When trying to open or preview an attachment in Outlook, an error stating "Unable to create file..." opens and prompts you to check the folder's permissions. However, the file opens without an issue if it is saved and opened locally.
- Press Windows key+R to open the Run window.
- Type "regedit".
- Click OK (Registry Editor opens).
- Select Edit > Find (or press Ctrl+F).
- Type "OutlookSecureTempFolder" in the Find window.
Click Find Next.
Note: Registry Editor finds the specified entry and opens a folder with a string value pointing to the location where the temporary files are stored.
Note the location the OutlookSecureTempFolder string value point to (this is under Data).
Tip: You can double-click on the string value and copy the path from the Value Data field.
- Open a File Explorer window and navigate to where the temporary files are stored (where the string value pointed to).
- Delete all of the files in this folder.
- Re-open Registry Editor and search for "OutlookSecureTempFolder" again.
- If nothing is found or the search returns the SAME folder, you should be all set
- If the search finds a DIFFERENT folder, navigate to that folder and delete all of those files as well
- Restart Outlook.